- Administrative Law
- Construction Law
- Infrastructure Projects
- Public procurement
- National and International Arbitration
- Procedural Law
- Civil Law
Consultant – July 2021 – March 2022
- Monash university
Research Officer– July 2021 – February 2022
- Baker & Mckenzie International (Melbourne Office)
Paralegal (Construction Team) – March 2021.
- Baker & McKenzie International (Peru) – Echecopar Law Firm
Associate (Dispute Resolution Group) – July 2015 to July 2015
Legal Trainee (Dispute Resolution Group) – December 2011 to June 2015.
- Representing construction companies in arbitrations in which the discussion was related to payment methodologies.
- Representing a mining company in an arbitration related to a Time & Materials contract, conducted in English and Spanish.
- Contractual advice to construction companies in the performance of its EPC Contracts.
- Representing construction companies in an arbitration in which the discusión was related to extensions of time, variations, defects, and modification of the rates established within the contract.
- Legal advice to a Spanish company in an expert determination procedure regarding an EPC Contract.
- Representing an energy public company in its various disputes procedures and providing legal advice in its contractual matters.
- Representing several companies in various judicial procedures to enforce and void awards.
- Representing a Peruvian and Chilean company regarding a supply contract.
- Representing a company dedicated to agribusiness in several contractual matters related to ownership and possession of the land.
- University of Melbourne | 2019 – 2021
Construction Law Master. July 2019 – January 2021
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú | 2009 – 2015
Bachelor in law. Lima, 2015.
Lawyer. Lima, 2017. Licensed with the “Outstanding” (Summa cum laude) honor.
“Having been able to develop myself in Peru and internationally in a field that I am passionate about has been and continues to feel like a privilege, which has only strengthened my commitment to contribute -with my experience and knowledge- in the correct management of projects, which reduce litigation between those involved, but also generate a positive impact both on our clients and on our society.”
My passion for highly complex projects started at a very early age since I had the opportunity to work with different professionals, in which I learned about the sector, the key stakeholder and its technical terminology; and then be able to transform that into a legal proposal to attend to my client’s interests.
This experience was determinant for the path I decided to follow in my career: a lawyer, dedicated and committed to providing legal advice in infrastructure projects, as well as in the prevention and management of disputes.
Upon my professional experience, I have counselled governmental entities and private enterprises in their public and private projects, I have provided legal advice to prevent disputes and in all those cases in which it was inevitable, I have represented them in the dispute mechanisms chosen by the parties, such as negotiation, arbitration, judicial procedure, expert determination, among others.
I have had the privilege to participate in several projects related to various sectors, including road and airport projects, mining, and energy are some of the most important. This experience drove me to pursue a master’s in Construction Law in Australia, country in which I also had the opportunity to participate in international projects, work with professionals from different backgrounds, in different languages. Without any doubt, an experience that reinforced my commitment to this incredible area.
Having the opportunity to develop locally and internationally in a field that I am passionate about was and still is a privilege, that has only strengthened my commitment to contribute -with my experience and knowledge- in the proper management of projects to reduce litigation among those involved, but also generate a positive impact on both our clients and our society.
With that commitment in mind is that I decided to join QA, convinced that is the desired next step for my career. I have become part of a team of lawyers who, in addition to possessing the highest human qualities, are also committed to multidisciplinary and top-quality legal advice. I am delighted to contribute to that objective as part of QA team.